Kike Calvo Fotografía

martes, 13 de agosto de 2013

Dreams of the World: Sarangi Player from Pokhara (Nepal)




"My dream is to continue playing the Sarangi. I belong to the Gandharwa , a musician cast. Both my mother and father played the same instrument, a four-stringed violin-like instrument.  About 300 years ago my cast, the Gandharwa , delivered news through music. Today we still sing ballads from village to village,"  explains Bukun Ghandavra, who was born in Thanau Tanaw, a village near Pokhara. He started playing the Sarangi at the age of 21 and since then he has played continuously for the last 16 years ago.  "There is no appreciation for this instrument in Nepal," he says." In other countries they love my music. Music has not made me a rich man, but thanks to music, I have been able to perform in Japan, Korea, Ireland and Australia. "





















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario