Kike Calvo Fotografía

domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

Unforgettable Sperm Whale Encounter

As you all know, I have spent hundreds of hours underwater in oceans around the world, documenting the sea and its beauty. Among these creatures, marine mammals have a special spot in my heart. I just came across this amazing video, and decided to share it. Its well worth the 1.46 min that it lasts.


I had the opportunity to photograph sperm whales  in the Acores Islands in Portugal, way back in time. The video I am sharing was made by underwater cameraman Howard Hall, and it shows a breathtaking encounter of two divers with a sperm whale in Dominica. The beautiful music was made by Shie Rozow.





When it comes to bringing my photography gear on boats, I like to bring Pelican cases, such as the Pelican 1650 , if I am seeking impact resistant hardcases. Lowepro also makes fully waterproof backpacks, which they have joined me on ocean expeditions and even river trips on the jungle and the Amazon Basin. The Lowepro DryZone 200 Backpack is a great example of water proof protection and comfort, specially if you need to walk around carrying your own gear.


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario