Kike Calvo Fotografía

jueves, 28 de abril de 2011

The Photographic Chain: FLIP NICKLIN






Five Minutes with FLIP NICKLIN

by KIKE CALVO


My dreams is… that everybody could have the experience of looking into the eye of a whale, because it will change how we see the ocean and the world.


The biggest lesson in my career… Don’t try to lead if you don’t know where you are going.


The biggest lesson in my life… came from my mentor Bates Littlehales, his advice to me was not to confuse motion with productivity¨.


The moment I will never forget... is the first time (March 10 1979), I free dived under a singing humpback whale to photograph his belly. So loud, so scary and so beautiful, at the same time.


Photography is... never been so welcoming, and the bar has been never so high.


Kike´s thoughts: I still remember the first images I saw from Flip. When ever I thought of whales and photography, his name came up in my mind. Helpful and proper on the phone, I would say: If you like whales, don´t miss his new book ¨Among Giants¨, specially Ipad users, as it can be downloaded from the Apple Store.


The Time Machine:


Present



Waiting for Narwhal in 1985 (Arctic)

Flip suggests me to talk to:
Kathy Moran, David Doubilet, Paul Nicklen, Steve Winter or Nick Nichols.


So... Who is Flip? Bio
More about Flip: www.flipniklin.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario